Saturday, November 19, 2011

Night by Elie Wiesel.

I started reading this book yesterday. I have to read it for my History class. I am only about half way done, but this book is amazing. It is probably the saddest book I've ever read, and it is a true story. If you have never heard of this book, it is about a young boy (Elie Wiesel) who survives life at Auschwitz, a Jewish concentration camp in WW2. It is hard to believe that this really happened. I can't believe that the world let this happen. I have never really thought much about what the Jews went through during this time, and it breaks my heart reading this story. It makes me so grateful for the life that I live.

If you are interested in History and learning about the Holocaust, I strongly recommend reading this book. Also, I would recommend researching Auschwitz. The things that you find will be amazingly sad. It will disgust you. But I feel that it is important to learn what has happened in the past. Maybe our knowledge of what happened then will help to prevent History from repeating itself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home