Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanks.

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving. While I was at work today I was asking some of our residents what they are thankful for. One of my favorite residents said, "being here." Another said she was thankful for everything, even the bad things, because it's the bad things that make the good things count. It really makes ya stop and think when people who are much worse off than you have such positive attitudes. So what am I thankful for?

God. Don't know where I'd be without Him. He has gotten me through a lot in life, and I am so grateful to know Him! :)

MIKE HIGLEY. He's a goofball of a husband, and I wouldn't trade him for anything (despite what Grandma Orn says). I can't imagine what life would be like without him, and I hope I don't ever have to find out!

My family and friends. Everyone who is in my life is in it for a reason. I love you all and am grateful for everything that you do! I could seriously go on and on listing everyone I know, but that would take a hundred and seventy five years. So I won't. You all know who you are :)

And I am so thankful for my health! I work in a place with a lot of sick people, and it really makes me appreciate the fact that I can breath, walk, and talk easily.

I am so fortunate to be where I am, and I often take it for granted. It is nice to be reminded how truly blessed I am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home